At Honest Abe Roofing, we inspect your roof with our Top Hat Roof Inspection Process – Our professional roofing technicians are thoroughly trained to find all of the issues associated with repairing or replacing your roof. This helps to keep from covering up a problem, or leading to costly unexpected changes. Our 17-Point Roof Inspection includes:
- Check for water spots on the ceilings and/or walls.
- Measure and calculate for proper attic ventilation.
- Inspect attic intake vents for blockage.
- Inspect attic interior for moisture or dry rot damage.
- Inspect attic insulation for proper R-Value.
- Inspect all roof pipes & vents for proper seal.
- Inspect roof for cracks and detraction.
- Inspect roof for surface deterioration.
- Check gutters & downspouts for debris and blockage.
- Inspect for fastening method on original installation.
- Inspect flashings at all walls, chimneys, and penetrations.
- Check for deteriorated or torn underlayment.
- Inspect for damage caused by contractors/foot traffic, etc.
- Check for missing, loose or cracked shingles/tiles.
- Inspect all roof waterways for debris and obstructions.
- Inspect for algae or moss present on the roof surface.
- Check for structural and/or environmental concerns.